Bubutar is now more social and needs more interaction, so I started searching for preschools.
Babatar was very happy at Cambridge when we were in-between schools. We both made good friends there. Unfortunately, some of her former preschool teachers have moved on, so I decided to find another preschool for Bubutar. On different occasions, we have enrolled him at two of the schools I listed below.
If I haven't said it previously, we (Californians) were spoiled back home. You can easily locate anything and anyone with a strike of a key :o) Not so, in the Philippines. I compiled my own list of preschools and included brief observations for each location.
Babatar was very happy at Cambridge when we were in-between schools. We both made good friends there. Unfortunately, some of her former preschool teachers have moved on, so I decided to find another preschool for Bubutar. On different occasions, we have enrolled him at two of the schools I listed below.
If I haven't said it previously, we (Californians) were spoiled back home. You can easily locate anything and anyone with a strike of a key :o) Not so, in the Philippines. I compiled my own list of preschools and included brief observations for each location.
I found these schools by driving around, asking friends and other moms I meet at the supermarket, mall and park and searching in our village newsletter and local expat newspapers. The list is not complete nor is it arranged in any particular order. Please check online or the local phonebook...yes, we still use phonebooks here.
Some of the schools offer after-school and summer activities.
Some of the schools offer after-school and summer activities.
This is not a complete list. I do not work for any of these schools or endorse them. Contact them directly for further details. Always do a school visit and schedule a sit-in/trial class.
- Toddlers Unlimited, 4th Floor, Festival Mall, Filinvest: 02-850-4064 or 0917-898-2557 or visit their website at www.toddlersunlimited.com. Located in the mall, so if you don't like to expose your child to consumerism. They have an indoor romp area. Most play equipment are by Little Tikes. Galileo Enrichment Learning Program is offered at the same facility.
- A+, 4th Floor, Festival Mall, Filinvest: 02-772-1662 to 63 or visit their website at www.aplus-is.com. Locaated across from Toddlers Unlimited. More updated and larger indoor play area than Toddlers Unilimited. More classroom space than Toddlers. Offers Mandarin classes.
- The Little Apprentice Preschool (TLAP), Aspen Tower, Filinvest: 02-659-4168 or visit their website at www.thelittleapprenticepreschool.com Outdoor, partially covered play area. Classrooms do not have floor to ceiling walls, so noise level is high. TLAP is located in the Aspen Tower condominium, so there are less to no distractions for the children or caregivers.
- Gymboree, Westgate: 02-771-7529 or visit their website at http://www.gymboree-ph.com/aboutus.htm Teachers are very warm and friendly.
I was so thankful when I saw the Gymboree and The Little Gym signs because they were both familiar to my daughter. They made my daughter's transition here easier. - The Little Gym, BMW Autozentrum, Commerce Ave.: 850 4060 or +63 2 850 4061 or visit their website at http://www.thelittlegym.com.ph/ourprograms.html My son wasn't ready yet for The Little Gym, but we will try again soon.
- Cambridge School, Alabang Town Center (ATC), next to The Spa of Alabang: 02-659-1387 or 02-659-1406 or visit their website at http://cambridge.com.ph/alabang/ Teachers are warm and caring. The location is convenient because its on the perimeter of ATC, near Makati Supermarket. One can do errands while the kids are in class. Indoor romp area. Classes are separated by waist-high partitions/bookshelves, so noise levels can be high. Parking including drop-off/pick-up can be a problem because of limited parking spaces and high volume of vehicular traffic.
- Young Creative Minds, Madrigal Business Park (MBP): 02-850-6063 or 0917-5345121or visit their website at http://youngcreativeminds.multiply.com/ They are located in the MBP where Union Bank and alabang Auto Exchange are located, i.e. closer toAcacia and Commerce Avenues.
- Esteban Early Development Center of the Australian International School, MBP: 02-807-9145 or visit their website at http://aismanila.org/pre_school_alabang.html Small indoor play area but teachers are warm and friendly.
- Kids First, Venture Building, MBP: 02-556-3887 or 02-703-3545 or 0917-833-8983. They are located in the section of MBP where Citibank, Meralco, B Hotel and Shell Service Station are situated i.e., closer to Zapote Road. Has indoor play area.
Additionally, TLC and Anima Christi Center have Special Education programs (SPED). Anima Christi's info: 02-807-4169 or 02-842-6463 (pre-school, grade/high school, vocational).
Good luck!
I hope you find this list useful.
No comments:
Post a Comment